Hey y’all! Welcome to this week’s post. Today, I am going to be busting false fitness myths!
Hi!! How are y’all doing? Yesterday I got my first dose for the COVID vaccine! If you haven’t already, I encourage you to get it as well! It’s important to protect yourself AND others 🙂
LET’S GET STARTED!
- Lifting weights will make you bulky
- This is not true AT ALL. Some people are afraid to lift weights because they think they’ll end up superrr muscular and big. Weight training alone makes you strong, but not bulky. However, being bulky isn’t a bad thing and neither is having muscle. Lift your weights!!
- Spot reduction works
- This myth might disappoint some of y’all but doing 10 minute ab exercises won’t give you solid abs. Everyone has abs but they are just covered by fat. So, if you want more visible abs you have to reduce your body fat everywhere, not just your stomach. Therefore, core exercises alone won’t reduce stomach fat; but cardio and weightlifting along with some ab exercises will.
- Static stretch before a workout
- False! In order to prevent injuries, dynamic stretching is way more effective than static. Some dynamic stretches are knee hugs, arm circles, inchworms, etc. Static stretching is better for after a workout to help with flexibility and prevent soreness.
Comment if you would want a part 2!
Thanks so much for reading today’s post! Make sure to subscribe to my blog if you haven’t already and follow my Pinterest @Sierrarunz for more content. See you Wednesday for a workout!! Continue running up your mountain 🙂